Sunday, February 13, 2011

Equalizer Brooms and a DIY Idea

So I have a post on new broom technology and that post might be obsolete already as shown by this article and this one.  Apparently the Equalizer has been around for a while now, but I only just recently saw it and I also just heard about it on an episode of The Curling Show where Glenn Howard was a guest.


 
I find it interesting that in the first article, it says that Kevin Martin doesn't need the Equalizer broom because his sweepers are so good already.  That should be in the ad campaign or something.  "With this broom, your team can sweep as well as Kevin Martin's team." 

I saw a tweet recently (I don't remember who) asking if they could just put some aluminum foil on their broom and get the same effect.  My guess is no, though I'm sure that won't stop people from trying.  My guess is you'd get better results with an actual heat reflecting material.  Not sure where one buys it in bulk, but you could take apart something like this Headring and use that as your reflector.  Just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment