Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Curling Source Shot of the Week #2

No curling game this week, so we'll go elsewhere for a curling scenario.  Curling Source has another shot of the week.  Here's the situation: "It is the 5th end of an 8 end game, your are loosing [sic] 4-2. You have hammer and are shooting blue with just your last rock to come. Would you go for 2 or take the safe 1?"

  1. Long cross house double for 2
  2. Hack weight hit through port for 2
  3. Draw for 1
  4. Runback either blue onto yellow for 2
For the first option, which I assume means taking out both yellow rocks, there'd have to be a lot more guards up there to make that the only option I'd take.  I also feel the hack weight hit option has a higher degree of difficulty since it'd have to get by both guards and it requires a fairly specific weight. 

So now I'd have to decide between the draw or the runback.  Assuming I have made a draw or two already in the game, I guess I would just go for the draw.  As much as I'd love to go for two, I'd rather go for the easier point and take my chances later in the game.  I'd lean towards the runback if I had crappy draws earlier in the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment