Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Game 14 Recap

Sigh.  Another loss and the record's now 7-6.  Exactly like last week, the final score was 7-6 after an extra end.  Our opposing team was a D level team and got two points and they needed both of them.  I once subbed for a skip and this skip before the game said to the other skip, "[Harumph] You don't need that one point handicap" and so the other skip was kind of bullied into playing without the handicap.  And then the team I subbed for won by one point.  (Was that wrong?)  What sucks about this game is that I had two opportunities to win the game as my team had hammer in both the eighth end and in the extra end and I messed it up both times.  After the game, Second said, "Maybe we're not as good as we thought earlier this year."  Maybe not. 

Here's the key shot.  It's the eighth end, my team is up one, we have hammer, we're yellow, and it's my last shot.  Should've been a no brainer all takeouts end, right?  Well, there were some missed takeouts and I'm kind of left with this.  Again, there were definitely a few more rocks in play, but these are the basics.


So the shot I called was the takeout on the red stone in the center.  I had tried this shot earlier and I had a ton of weight on the shot and it just flew past it.  I put a little less on the shot this time around. Of course, I had too little weight and it curled too much.  It did raise our yellow rock, but it wasn't enough.  We went into an extra end, missed some more takeouts, and that was it. 

On a positive note, Second brought the baby and I got to hold the little guy for a little while before the game, so that was pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment