Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Brother's Learning to Curl #4

First, a correction.  In my last post on this, I quoted my brother as saying, "You should see how ghetto it is."  He wants to clarify that he thinks that where he curls is just fine.  The quote was taken out of context a little bit and the line was said in reference to the fact that I would think the place is ghetto.  And relative to the St. Paul Curling Club, it kinda sounds like it.  But to reiterate, my brother likes the place where he curls. 

My brother was the skip for the first time at this last lesson, mainly because his other teammates didn't want to do it.  To sum up how it went, his Facebook status update that night was, "Didn't like being the skip."  Also, he skipped the first end and then made someone else skip the second end.  I guess it was just the constant pressure of coming up with a new shot like every minute. 

He also learned about calling for sweeping.  There was a takeout and the rock started to curl.  He didn't see it until it was too late.  I've been there.  And then sometimes he wasn't loud enough. 

And then he texted later asking about where the broom should go depending on where he wanted the shot to end up.  I'm kind of surprised by the text because isn't this something that should've been covered in the class?  There have been four classes already.  Maybe I'll write more on this in a later post. 

He'll have his last class coming up soon and they're going to play a 6 end game.  Ooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment