Friday, February 11, 2011

My Brother Wants to Buy Curling Shoes

So I think my brother's going to buy some curling shoes for the upcoming curling league.  He has two reasons for this.  The first is that his feet are getting cold.  Standing on ice for a few hours is pretty cold and on arena ice, you really don't have anywhere you can stand/sit for a while where you're not on ice.  (Yet another reason why I'm spoiled with the St. Paul Curling Club.)  Second, sometimes my brother is in the hack and checking that his foot is in the slider.  In my experience, you might mess with it a little and that can be a little annoying.  Also, some of the curlers that are in his class have had their sliders come off and slide across the ice. 


Anyway, he ordered the Tournament Eagle shoes as they're the cheapest shoes out there.  One of his instructors suggested that he get a shoe with a full slider rather than the two half sliders so this shoe would fit there.  I'm slightly skeptical as Clean Sheet Curling Supplies says the shoes are made of vinyl and that just seems kind of cheap to me.  I don't really think of vinyl as being a warm material.  However, the Curling Proshop says that the Eagle's made of leather, so I don't really know. 
As it turns out, my brother ordered the shoes from Brooms Up Curling Supplies and they didn't have his size in stock.  They're sending him some shoes anyway that are a size off in case they fit.  In case they don't fit, what do you suggest? 

No comments:

Post a Comment