Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Curling Pictures

You might have noticed that the curling scenario pictures look a little different now.  The drawings are now to scale and were drawn using Google Sketchup (the free version).  Credit goes to this site for providing the drawing I was using before.  And credit goes to KB1UDN for the drawing of the curling stone that's now used in the new picture.  The curling stone is actually a nice 3D drawing, but you don't really get to see that as I set everything to have a top view. 

This is still not perfect for me.  Maybe if I bought the Pro version (very unlikely at $495), I'd like it more.  However, this was free and is a little more realistic compared to the old drawings.  There doesn't seem to be a reliable way to make arrows, so I only place the rocks in Sketchup and then I draw in the arrows in SnagIt afterward.

If you want to make your own curling drawings, I'm sharing my curling template here.  I may also update it in the future to have the 1-10 numbers (though my team doesn't use that during our games.)  Also, feel free to e-mail me some of your own pictures and I can discuss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment