Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Practice

I met my third and my second last night at SPCC for a little practice.  It felt good to get out on the ice again.  It was also very cold.  I usually wear a hat and gloves during games and went out yesterday without them. 

I recently read Russ Howard's Curl to Win and he talked about how he doesn't recommend the tuck slide.  I happen to do a tuck when I slide and always felt like like it made me more accurate with my shots.  He talked about how you're a little less stable in the tuck and I definitely feel less stable when I'm going for a lot of weight (and sometimes when not going for a lot of weight).  I tried to think about not doing the tuck yesterday, but it just comes naturally to me.

There was a surprising number of people there.  Every sheet was in use last night pretty much the whole time I was there.  But this is one of the few times in the year where you can uninterrupted ice time, so it's understandable.

First game's on Sunday.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment