Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Brother's Game 4 Recap

First, my brother's search for curling shoes is over.  He didn't like the Goldline Shot, and decided to go with the Ultima Sport, which he bought from Steve's Curling.  Funny how he switched from the $70 Eagle to a shoe that costs $125.  Of course, adjusting to the shoe was kind of difficult for my brother and struggled with throwing light enough weight.  However, he thought the shoes were comfortable.

My brother's team lost again.  Their opponents though had three instructors so it was kind of an uphill battle.  (My brother's team is the only one without instructors.)  After the third end though, the score was tied, but then the opposing team scored four in the fourth end.  (The Bond Girls call this the "Fourth End Curse".)  Also, my brother switched places with his lead so that they can get a little more experience at another position. 

A couple other notes:
-The guy that hit his head (described here) is OK, but is sitting out the rest of the league.  Let's hope he comes back.
-Out of the 30+ people who attended the original Learn to Curl clinic, about 20 are now in this league, so that's pretty good for the growth of curling over there.  All they need now is some rich benefactor to help build a club.
-My brother's looking for a spot on someone's team for the Golden Gate BonspielE-mail me if you know of any openings on any of the teams.
-The Norwegian curling team will be visiting the Bay Area and will be raffling off a pair of pants.  That's a fun giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment